Time To Do Some School Work

All but one of my professors are out to a conference this week. This means no class for me! However, this doesn’t mean I have a week off because I still have lots of school work. Remember all those projects I told you I had to do by the end of the semester? Well this is the perfect time to get started and catch up.

I need to pay a visit to the campus library. I can get away from all the distractions and get some of my work done. Even though some areas are designed for group meeting, and some areas you’ll see students walking and looking for books, there are places in the library which you can sit and not hear a thing except the nose from you turning your paper. I find it to be very convenient that I have that option at the library. If you haven’t done so yet I would totally recommend you to check it out soon. You’ll decide for yourself which area you prefer and how convenient it is. 

As for next week who’s looking forwards to the long weekend? Schools off Monday!! 

March 31, 2014 Cesar Chavez Day-Campus closed

6 thoughts on “Time To Do Some School Work

1. Sometimes, I really enjoy studying in the library. Other times, not so much. (Sometimes I can’t stand if it’s too quiet).

There are plenty of other amazing spots on campus that are great for studying, including some fun spots outdoors or tucked away into a building you wouldn’t think would be good for studying. One of my personal favorites is in DBH (Demergasso-Bava Hall) on the third floor. They have this inside balcony, complete with plants and sunshine. Great spot for getting work done!

• I totally agree with you. I myself tend to sometimes walk around until I find the best area on campus to study. I studied at places like you said in the buildings, and outdoors. Again it all depends on my mood.

2. I enjoy the library too, but I agree with Jon, sometimes it can be too quiet! I like to study and do my homework out in the sun by the art department. You’re lucky you have so much time off! Though I definitely know that can be intimidating, because you immediately feel bad if you don’t start doing all of your school work in that free time.

• Even though I had that much time off I feel like I hardly got anything done, but hopefully what I did get done will benefit me in the long run.

3. I completely understand what you mean. Sometimes you just have to get away and find a quiet place to study. I’ve never found that place in the library where you don’t hear anything, it must be nice.
    I’d have to say there are times though where I can’t stand all of the quiet, no matter how distracting it may be. I hope you were productive and got a lot of your work done during your free time!

• It takes you a while to find the right area, but once you do, than your set. I did get some stuff done, but as I mentioned not as much as I expected. I should be find though.